[bksvol-discuss] Bertrice Small books

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:35:48 -0500

Well, not exactly. She's prolific and has been writing since 1989. BTW, I did
some research while
reading The Kadin (Ka d i n), and also Beloved, and the historical people anbd
events are true.
Beloved is a fictionalized story of Zenobia, queen of Palmyra. I enjoyed
finding her among the 100
Women Who . . . when I  fixed that book recently. All the facts were as
presented in Beloved, though
of course the conversations and emotions were imagined by Small.

I have a list of all her books because I love the historical as well as the
romance part and I get
involved with the characters. I think you and Alison are planning to take care
of The Innocent and the
rest of the Skye O'Malley series, but there's also Adora, Unconquered,
Enchantress Mine, Blaze
Wyndham, The Spitfire, A Moment in Time, Love Wild and Fair, To Love Again,
Love, remember me,
Hellion (a little different, or dd you already do that one). I think Betrayed
is up there and Alison is
doing Deceived, or is it vice versa? And the Dragon Lord's Daughter, which may
be new and takes
place in England around 1066. She also has a new one (in addition to Philippa,
Rosamund
BOlton;s daughter). described by the library as a "modern erotic novel,;" the
subject headings in the
catalog are female friendship and housewives, fiction. I'm not interested in
modern, but some
readers might be.

Cindy

I think she also has recently written one set in modern times, but I can't