[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bertrice Small books

  • From: "Kai" <kaianne2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:18:11 -0700

I'm a huge fan of hers. The very first book I read of hers was Beloved and that was intensely loaded with historical accuracy and I was totally drawn into the story. That's another one you should add to the Small list to scan. I actually read it about 5 times. *g* I downloaded all of her books from the bookshare site and am avidly reading the Skye and Jasmine series. I had read Skye O'Malley about three times and had enjoyed that very much too. I just received Duchess in braille and am enjoying going back and forth between reading it in braille and the version on bookshare I downloaded.

And about the difference in popularity between the historical and the contemporary...well, I've actually been anxious to read Private Pleasures for a long while now since I learned it was in existence. I just love her style of writing and think I would enjoy PP just as much as all of her others. I'm sure she'd use the same sort of accurate detail for the current time as she would the historical. And it's mostly for her characters I read her...well, that and the erotic aspects. *grins*

Anyway, if you plan to scan Private Pleasures, know that you'll at least have one person--me--that would be terribly anxious to read it.

Kai