[bksvol-discuss] Re: BRF

  • From: Charles Wadman <cewadman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:31:03 -0800

Dave,

I have submitted some Bernard Cornwell books - very probably the ones you are referring to. I scanned them into a RTF file, then used software called EDIT-PC to translate the RTF into braille. I then corrected and formatted the braille (I'm a certified braille transcriber) and submitted the book in RTF and BRF formats. I included a note in the uploads to indicate that the book was being submitted in both formats.

I can't contribute to this discussion on the utility of these formats, but maybe this will add a little clarity to how they got there.

Regards,
Charlie

At 08:41 AM 12/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Regarding the BRF files, I was explaining the rational, or thought behind why the format was included initially as an option, not on its implementation or use since startup. It seems that when you provide people with options, no matter how you perceive they're uses, they will always surprise you and use them differently. While on the subject of surprise, I went back and checked the Bernard Cornwell books that I remembered validating that came in as 2 formats (RTF & BRF), and found you're right, the BRF copies are only downloadable as BRF files. Perhaps I got into some of Guido's 'shrooms' or maybe I'm just hallucinating from some other stimulant or depressant, but I would have sworn that the last time I checked it out there were Daisy files available from the BRF books as well.

Dave