[bksvol-discuss] Re: BRF

  • From: Charles Wadman <cewadman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:47:44 -0800

Well, I tell you, Julie, in the final analysis I guess it comes down to pride. I'm familiar with braille translators (though not the one that Bookshare uses), and I know that errors can occur in both translation and formatting. If there are any errors in what I submit, I'd like them to be MY errors only. And, despite my best efforts, there WILL be some of those.

You may be right, I suspect. The automatic translation process is much faster than what I do and I'd probably be more efficient by spending that time on scanning another book. Maybe I'll do it that way next time.

Regards,
Charlie

At 11:51 AM 12/15/2004 -0800, you wrote:
Hi, Charlie. I'm just curious. I personally always use the .brf files, so I think they're great, but why would you submit both formats? Was it to eliminate the possibility of translation errors? At least in the books I've read, there are minor errors, like maybe some words that are separated by spaces when standard braille would have them connected, but other than that, I haven't seen any major errors, and at least for me, the spacing isn't really a problem. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
<mailto:inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When God puts a tear in your eye, it is because He wants to put a rainbow in your heart.