[bksvol-discuss] Re: BRF

  • From: David Andrews <dandrews@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:15:54 -0600

The KANSYS, Inc. translator, released into the public domain was Turbo Braille.
 It, like NFBTRANS is DOS-based,  WinTrans is a Windows- front-end for
NFBTRANS.  Since the NFBTRANS source code was released into the public domain
in 1992, Kurzweil converted it into a DLL that ran under Windows, and includes
it in K1000.

Duxbury, and Mega Dots are the most accurate, but will cost you around $500,
each, depending on what options and versions you get.

Dave