[AZ-Observing] Re: Weather in AZ

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:40:51 -0700

Or perchance Meteora decides to grace us with those 8 +/- 4 Cloudy days
around new moon weekend. That would certainly curtail the majority of us and
make it seem like there is  an increase in cloudiness.

Similar to the old wives tail about more babies being born on Full moon.
Steve Berman once wrote about  it. He checked birth record at several area
hospitals for several years and found no spike at all around full moon. His
conclusion was when the are a lot of screaming women in labor, some one is
bound to say "it must be a full moon" whether it is or not people will
believe it.

Perception is an interesting concept, no?

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera

Editor SACnews

Saguaro Astronomy Club