[AZ-Observing] Re: Star Charts

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 23:20:17 -0500 (EST)

You can go into Windows Mobility Center and turn down the brightness all
the way to 8% of the Maximum then put Red plastic over the screen. You may
find  you need to brighten the display after you place the Red plastic over
the  screen. I use a Kensington 70W DC to DC power supply to power my laptop
using  the same battery I power my mount and CCD camera. Laptops thrive in
the out of  doors,except when it rains  :)

Dwight

In a message dated 11/22/2012 7:46:47 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
eric@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Good  point about making notes.  I tried the laptop a couple of times, but
likewise don't like exposing it to the elements.  The iPad's a bit more
rugged and will go two or three nights on a full charge.  I find night  mode
to be fine if the brightness is turned down; for the flashes, I made a  red
gel cover for it.  Seems to work OK.

Also, now that I have a  new scope with Argo Navis/Servocat I hope to
eventually use the SkySafari to  control it.

Thanks for the info,
Eric