[AZ-Observing] Re: Star Charts

  • From: Steven Dodder <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 23:29:56 +0000

Thanks for posting this one, AJ.  I was going to mention this one.
printed out the C set on D size paper, (24"x36"), and it's the main
chart set I use for the 20" at Stone Haven.  At the time, I had access
to a large format plotter.  I bought a roll of paper, cost about $90,
and ran it on weekends.  I didn't plot the last 100 sheets from south of
 40º because the chances of simply observing down under, much less
taking the big charts was pretty much nil.  I got the first release
printed, but hop some day to print the second.  It's awesome!

Steve Dodder
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim

Chairman, SAC Novice Group

Director, Stone Haven Observatory
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com