Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS Upgrade 3 released

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 20:00:15 +0100

In article <da756d0e55.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Memory management has changed (should be for the better) significantly
in this OS build. I'd check you have the latest version of RiscOSM
installed.

I checked that - I am up to date.

In this version, some of the dynamic area SWIs work very slightly
differently, but it should be transparent.

In older OS builds, the 2Gb of free memory reserved 2Gb of the total
address space, making it unusable. This meant that much of the usable
address space was "poisoned". This is no longer the case, liberating
large chunks of memory, which should prevent anything like what you
describe occuring.

However, it does sound like something in RiscOSM may need a tweak.

Make sure you're not running Aemulor, as that would require you to
re-run DAlimit afterwards (always has - it is in the Aemulor folder in
the disc image) otherwise the next app requesting an undefined
max-size DA would use 2gb of address space.

I don't use Aemulor.

I did update SharedUnixLib v1.12 to 1.13 at the end of August as it was
required by the FP version of MPlayer but !RiscOSM was still working. I've
just tried reverting to 1.12 but no change in RiscOSM.

Best wishes
Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx