Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS Upgrade 3 released

  • From: "Peter Dalziel" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "peterdalziel1" for DMARC)
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 19:19:37 +0100

In message <550e66b86ealan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <ab725b0e55.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have issued a new OS upgrade for ARMX6 - OS upgrade 3. You can
download this from the ARMX6 users' website now.

I've done the upgrade which went OK and restarted with as expected errors
on the init mod page before booting to the desktop but after restarting 5
times one of the errors about CMOS has persisted I think it says "hardware
dependency not met" is this expected? With the previous upgrade all the
"init mod" errors disappeared after a couple of resets.

I've also had memory problems reported eg running !RiscOSM when rendering
a map it gives "error 2447 in RenderToSprite (SWI DrawFile_Render) No free
memory but there is 1856800K free! Before the upgrade !RiscOSM worked
correctly. After several reboots it still happens and if I run !Netfetch
afterwards and try to transfer mail or news I get the error "Not enough
memory" and there is no fetch.

Running !NetFetch first cures its "Not enough memory" error so I can fetch
but I still get the error in !RiscOSM.

Anyone else have these problems?

Should I revert to previous OS version?

Alan

I've just upgraded and !RiscOSM V1.28 is running fine.

--
Peter Dalziel