Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS Upgrade 3 released

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 17:20:26 +0100

On 6 Oct 2015 Michael Ben-Gershon <mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/10/15 17:35, A Rawnsley wrote:
Dear all,

We have issued a new OS upgrade for ARMX6 - OS upgrade 3. You can
download this from the ARMX6 users' website now.

I don't know what you have done inside this upgrade, but ...
My slow network speeds have been fixed! Goes faster than the Iyonix now!

It's certainly cured a problem that I had thought was due to clashes
between the programs that I run at start-up (yes, I know!). I was
unable to have NetSurf and !PDF running simultaneously. If I ran PDF
after NetSurf I would get "flex memory error", and if I tried to run
NetSurf after PDF I would get "Unable to allocate memory space". They
now coexist quite happily, and that alone makes the upgrade
worthwhile.

Backups seem to run even faster, too.

... but !HID seems to disable the mouse now - I have disabled it for the
time being.

I've never been able to run HID, as to me the help file might as well
be in Chinese :-)

Best wishes,

Peter.

--