Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS Upgrade 3 released

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 07:44:40 +0100

In article <2d0e780e55.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've just upgraded and !RiscOSM V1.28 is running fine.

That's the version I've got - could you check if you get an error
whilst drawing the map of Ilford, London Borough of Redbridge scale
1:10,000 or Thirsk North Yorkshire?

Could you also check that DALimit is present in
!Boot.Choices.Boot.PresDesk please, to control the max size of
unspecified DAs. Also, could you try manually running that prior to
RiscOSM to see if it makes any difference.

Jeffrey is also looking into this tonight (both Sine Nomine and myself
contacted him in the last 24 hours) so if there *is* an OS problem, it
should be sorted pretty quickly. However, the fact that it doesn't
seem to be universal might suggest an external trigger.

If DAlimit helps, it may not be running properly in Predesk. It could
be worth checking that nothing is generating an error in Predesk.
This is because if anything errors in PreDesk, everything else in the
folder is skipped - for example, if "AAA" generates an error, then
"AAB" onwards will never be run. That could include DAlimit.
However, I'd suspect you'd notice things like networking failing too.

As I cannot find anything wrong in !Boot, I have now reverted to "upgrade
2" (OS 5.13 10-aug-15) and !RiscOSM is now working correctly with no
memory error when drawing a map.

It looks like there is some incompatibility between my ARMX6 and upgrade 3
which others are not suffering.

Best wishes
Alan

--