Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 OS Upgrade 3 released

  • From: Michael Ben-Gershon <mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 18:31:59 +0300

On 06/10/15 17:35, A Rawnsley wrote:

Dear all,

We have issued a new OS upgrade for ARMX6 - OS upgrade 3. You can
download this from the ARMX6 users' website now.

We've also taken the opportunity to include the new VFP-aware
SharedUnixLib which allows ported software to take advantage of
hardware floating point on ARMX6 (and ARMini/ARMiniX). Previously
this was only available via "back channels", but is now official.
This gives big speedups where applicable - high quality MP3 encoding
is around 4x faster in MusicMan2, for example.

As a matter of interest, does the FPE on the ARMX6 use the hardware floating point?

--
Michael Ben-Gershon
mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---