[argyllcms] Re: gnome-color-manager and argyllcms

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:52:44 +0100

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Lars Tore Gustavsen
<lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> - The Debian/Ubuntu package of ArgyllCMS does not have "targen" but
>> the binary is renamed to "argyll-targen", I have no concrete clue
>> why... but I'm guessing another package has a binary called targen as
>> well, and this is to avoid conflicts while having both packages
>> installed. So would you be willing to check if the binary
>> "argyll-targen" is available and executable before defaulting to
>> "targen".

I "fixed" this in my PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~pmjdebruijn/+archive/ppa

> Pascal, do you know why iccdump is not included in the debian/ubuntu
> version of argyll?

I have no clue, the Argyll packaging is reasonably complex, so I can't see why.

I already mailed the maintainer about this, no reply yet.

> Richard: I just took a quick test of gnome-color-manager. It crash on
> my system if the attached profile exist in one of the icc folder.
>
> I got this messages from gcm-prefs
> TI:10:44:31     FI:gcm-profile.c        FN:gcm_parser_load_icc_trc,474
>  - parametric curve
>
> It's a icc version 4 profile, so it's not usable on my system anyway.

On a sidenote... Firefox 3.5 can't deal with ICCv4 as well... So
you'll run into more problem with these profiles anyway.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn