[argyllcms] Re: gnome-color-manager and argyllcms

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:52:21 +0000

2009/10/30 Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>:
> - The Debian/Ubuntu package of ArgyllCMS does not have "targen" but
> the binary is renamed to "argyll-targen", I have no concrete clue
> why... but I'm guessing another package has a binary called targen as
> well, and this is to avoid conflicts while having both packages
> installed. So would you be willing to check if the binary
> "argyll-targen" is available and executable before defaulting to
> "targen".

Sure, if you have commit to gnome just make this change yourself. It's
fine for me.

> - The calibrate info (vte) dialog is centered on screen, exactly where
> argyll's calibration patches are displayed, this is less than handy.

Sure, we can move this manually, again just commit.

> - Currently when calibrating my screen, the resulting profile seem to
> vanish (from /tmp I guess), where should it go ~/.color/icc ?

I'm just adding this code now :-)

> - The copyright message is a bit odd... "this user", maybe look this
> up in "GNOME - About Me"?

Sure, again, nice to have feature.

> I'd love to hear your thoughts, and a big thankyou for all the efforts thus
> far.

No problem. The ArgyllCMS guys have done all the hard heavy lifting,
this is just a pretty front-end to all that complexity :-)

Richard.