[argyllcms] Re: gnome-color-manager and argyllcms

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 00:25:37 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/10/30 Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> - The Debian/Ubuntu package of ArgyllCMS does not have "targen" but
>> the binary is renamed to "argyll-targen", I have no concrete clue
>> why... but I'm guessing another package has a binary called targen as
>> well, and this is to avoid conflicts while having both packages
>> installed. So would you be willing to check if the binary
>> "argyll-targen" is available and executable before defaulting to
>> "targen".
>
> Sure, if you have commit to gnome just make this change yourself. It's
> fine for me.

I just changed this in the Debian patch for now, it's the lame
solution but it works for now...

>> - The copyright message is a bit odd... "this user", maybe look this
>> up in "GNOME - About Me"?
>
> Sure, again, nice to have feature.

I noticed you already changed this in git, great!

I've been busy as well, I've packaged gnome-color-manager for Ubuntu
Karmic, the packaging code builds well locally, I've submitted it to
my PPA, where it will be built in a clean environment, where some
errors could possibly arise... But I'm on the right track...

https://launchpad.net/~pmjdebruijn/+archive/ppa/+packages

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn