[argyllcms] Re: gnome-color-manager and argyllcms

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:47:10 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/10/30 Jon Ciesla <limb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Richard, I've just granted your pkgdb requests.  Are you going to make the
>> needed changes and rebuild for rawhide?
>
> Yup, and F12.

I think gcm severely kicks ass...

And I might be willing to try to package gcm for Ubuntu Karmic next
weekend (I guess).

But with the git checkout I just did, I have some problems:

- The Debian/Ubuntu package of ArgyllCMS does not have "targen" but
the binary is renamed to "argyll-targen", I have no concrete clue
why... but I'm guessing another package has a binary called targen as
well, and this is to avoid conflicts while having both packages
installed. So would you be willing to check if the binary
"argyll-targen" is available and executable before defaulting to
"targen".

- The calibrate info (vte) dialog is centered on screen, exactly where
argyll's calibration patches are displayed, this is less than handy.

- Currently when calibrating my screen, the resulting profile seem to
vanish (from /tmp I guess), where should it go ~/.color/icc ?

- The copyright message is a bit odd... "this user", maybe look this
up in "GNOME - About Me"?

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and a big thankyou for all the efforts thus far.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn