[argyllcms] Re: gnome-color-manager and argyllcms

  • From: Lars Tore Gustavsen <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:40:38 +0100

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Lars Tore Gustavsen
<lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pascal are you brave enough to put iccexamin up in your ppa? It's quit
> hard to build. :-)
> Lars Tore Gustavsen

Since I posted this I have spoken a lot with Kai-Uwe and he have made
many changes to iccexamin git to let it compile on ubuntu 9.10. It's
such a great program so here are some building hints.

For starters you need the following packages.

1. Enable universe repo in package manager.

2. sudo apt-get install argyll #(the official binary are of course recommended)

3. sudo apt-get install build-essential libfltk1.1-dev pkg-config
libftgl-dev libxpm-dev libxext-dev libxinerama-dev libxxf86vm-dev
liblcms1-dev libpng12-dev libtiff4-dev mesa-utils libglw1-mesa-dev git
git-core libmsgcat-perl libcups2-dev libxrandr-dev gettext fluid
libxml2-dev libxfixes-dev

4. LibRaw-Lite are not in the repo so:
wget http://www.libraw.org/data/LibRaw-Lite-0.7.2-Linux.tar.gz #
unpack and make ; sudo make install

5. elektra from http://www.libelektra.org
download elektra-0.7.0.tar.gz from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/elektra/files/ and ./configure;make;
sudo make install

6. oyranos are needed from git: instruction
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Oyranos/git
I will only add: do a "sudo ldconfig" after installing.

7. iccexamin see above oyranos instruction.
git clone git://www.oyranos.org/git/icc_examin

God luck
Lars Tore Gustavsen