[argyllcms] Re: colprof and proofing purposes

  • From: Michael Schulz <ms.typografik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:10:52 +0200

Hello Martin,

thank you for the reply and the advices.

>> - black generation: the advice of the RIP manufacturer is using a long and
>> wide black generation.
> Then, I would kick-in black earlier like 0.1 and use some more black.

I'm sorry, there was a mistake in my description about the black ink
generation advice from the RIP manufacturer. It should be a SHORT and wide
black. Short to avoid the spoiling effect of black in light and medium
colours, so black should only be used in dark and saturated tones. The
inkjet printer doesn't use a light black.
Concerning a "wide black": how can I achieve this with Argyll's -kp option
...if it is possible...?

Regards
Michael