[argyllcms] Re: colprof and proofing purposes

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:03:46 +1000

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:

I'm preferring the -qh or even -qu profile quality for inkjet printers. But You
should

I wouldn't jump to using -qh or -qu until you're comfortable with the whole
process. If you're generation ICC profiles then going to a higher res. B2A
(higher
quality) may make a difference. Device links usually give a much better result
for a given CLUT grid resolution than device B2A tables, so if your workflow
can accommodate device links, it's a better way to go.

-qh and (especially) -qu can take an unreasonable amount of time
to run on CMYK profiles, and I wouldn't recommend -qu for regular use.