[argyllcms] colprof and proofing purposes

  • From: Michael Schulz <ms.typografik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:57:43 +0200

Hello list

with several questions about creating profiles for proofing purposes I would
ask the list for some advice:
- ink limit: the max ink after the printer linearization is 360, the TAC of
for example ISOcoated_v2.icc is 330 - which one should I use?
- quality level: is qm enough or should I use qh? When I build a profile
with qh the resulting curves are different than when I use qh especially for
yellow (see screenshots).
- gamut mapping: s or S and than sRGB, AdobeRGB or eciRGB for best results?
- is there an override gamut mapping intent for perceptual and saturation
table to set (if I use S src.icc the total ink of perceptual and saturation
are higher than relative and absolute colorimetric)
- black generation: the advice of the RIP manufacturer is using a long and
wide black generation.
So far I tried for example: colprof -v -qm -cmt -dpp -S eciRGB_v2.icc -l360
-kp 0 .3 1 1 .6 or .7...
The .ti3 file was build with logo2gats from the measurements of ECI2002
target read with basiccolor's catch.

Regards
Michael