[argyllcms] Re: colprof and proofing purposes

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:52:12 +1100

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
Did You say that the 1.1.0 version have greatly improved optimisation of OFPS by
preliminary profile? I remember the rare discussion about OFPS and adaptation
with -A option. AFAIK in previous versions the true OFPS was impossible with
-A value other than zero.

Yes, I've spent a lot of time (far, far too much time) getting this to work.
The V1.1.0 version (not visible in the development snapshot yet though)
optimizes with adaptation, as well as distributing test points on the gamut
surface. Getting it to run in a reasonable amount of time was a considerable
challenge.

cheers,