[argyllcms] Re: colprof and proofing purposes

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:37:55 +0400

Hello, Michael!

I'm preferring the -qh or even -qu profile quality for inkjet printers. But You
should use a high number of different test patches for high precision mode. For
example, I print about 2700-3600 patches for -qu. There may be a difference:
the higher quality mode have more freedom to curve the channels, that's why
there may be some strange effects. It may be noticeable when test patch
quantity is insufficient for the device characterization at certain region.