[argyllcms] Re: camera profiling with newest version of Argyll

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 12:35:23 +1000

Chad Johnson wrote:

Excellent! Thank you very much. Would you expect a linear response from my
setup (Canon
70D/Canon 5D2+kino flo fluorescent lights)? I use Capture One set to no color
profile and
a linear curve after-which I output a 16bit TIFF.

Seems like it should be linear light, but colprof doesn't agree - a gamma 1.8
curve fits it best. A quick check of a grey patch confirms this - 18% grey maps
to 40% RGB. So something in your workflow is applying a gamma encoding.