[argyllcms] Re: camera profiling with newest version of Argyll

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:18:14 -0700

On Aug 27, 2015, at 8:13 AM, Chad Johnson <chad.chadjohnson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for that observation. I have no idea how to adjust the
white-balance -- my device is an xrite ColorMunki Design.

You'd adjust the white balance when you develop the RAW file coming out of the
camera. If you did the usual eyedropper-click on this patch, that would explain
it...that would only get you close with something with a truly flat spectrum --
something nonexistent, with "good enough" approximations rare and typically
very expensive (with some notable exceptions for the homebrew approach).

The chart is an xrite Color Checker SG so I highly doubt it has a whitening
agent applied to it.

Are you sure it's an actual X-Rite product, and not a counterfeit?

b&