[argyllcms] camera profiling with newest version of Argyll

  • From: Chad Johnson <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:22:51 -0400

Hello!

I'm attempting to build a color profile of my camera and I'm not able to get a reasonable result with v1.8.0. The last time I profiled my camera was with v1.5.1 and the results were good. The following is a simplified version of my workflow which I'm using for this particular test. I executed everything exactly the same in both versions of the software:

scanin -v -dpin IMG_4147.tif ColorCheckerSG.cht ColorCheckerSG-xrite.cie

colprof -v -D"CanonEOS70D" -qh -am -u IMG_4147

The file "IMG_4147" is a 16bit TIFF file created with a linear response and no color profile and no adjustments of any kind.

I went back and made images by applying the icc profiles that were created from the above process. The results can be seen in the following files. The file created with the v1.8.0 is very washed out and too bright compared to the one created with v1.5.1.

version 1.8.0: https://flic.kr/p/wTNrFL
version 1.5.1: https://flic.kr/p/wTNrMh

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer to me!
Chad