[argyllcms] Re: camera profiling with newest version of Argyll

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:52:08 -0700

On Aug 27, 2015, at 7:22 AM, Chad Johnson <chad.chadjohnson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is the file I use (I called it .cie since I created it with spec2cie); I
think it has all of the same information as the ti3 file.

Graeme will offer whatever insight he might have with respect to the
differences between Argyll versions. However, I'd like to observe that your
white balance is off, which is less than ideal for profiling.

The first patch has L* a* b* = 96.709 1.8667 -13.059, which is decidedly bluish
(and, indeed, if this is supposed to be paper white, makes me wonder if the
chart has FWA in it -- which would be disastrous for profile building). In a
gamma 1.0 RGB space, that might work out to something like RGB = 231 235 255;
however, in your file, it's 244 246 245 -- very neutral, which the reference is
not.

Cheers,

b&