[argyllcms] Re: Monitor hardware lut

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:48:04 +1000

Roger Breton wrote:

I would stay away from this monitor. Last time I looked, it did not have
hardware LUT?
Maybe I missed it completely...

That's not what DELL claim about the DELL U2713H:

"Or choose to further calibrate the monitor with the optional X-rite
i1DisplayPro
colorimeter, which allows you to access a 14-bit LUT (look-up table) via the
Dell
UltraSharp Color Calibration Solution software."

I used the NECs with DDC-based software for many years, never had any issues.

To my knowledge, only Eizo sticks with USB connection for calibration
purposes.

I simply can't see having the time to wrestle with DDC for 6-12 months,
when I have other, very urgent tasks in front of me.