[argyllcms] Re: Monitor hardware lut

  • From: Mathieu GRENET <m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 13:59:08 +0200

... and by the way monitors have less live time than instruments.
I'm trying to figure out how it works with dell monitors, I'll post my findings later.
I understand that Nec and Eizo are most used ones, but Dell was the only wide gamut 4k I could afford (and its very nice, but very buggy too).

Le 05/09/2015 02:59, Graeme Gill a écrit :

On Sep 5, 2015 7:54 AM, Mathieu GRENET <m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But I think if communicate via ddc/ci to upload
lut to the monitor. It must be very feasible to do the same. So my
question was, there must be a good reason nobody ever done it. I think
the same apply to eizo and nec.
There's no particular reason - someone with interest and the right skill-set
just needs to be in a position to do it. Over the years I've offered more than
once to add support for any display that someone is willing to send me. There
is a catch though, and it's the same catch that applies to instruments - if
support is to be maintained, then I need one one hand to do bug fixing and
regression testing on. So far no one has taken me up on the offer.