[argyllcms] Re: Monitor hardware lut

  • From: Mathieu GRENET <m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 23:54:25 +0200

It's a Dell up1424q, as I understand, many UltraSharp monitors must be calibrated with I1 display pro to achieve hardware calibration and only with x-rite software modded for dell, Using argyll we are only able to software calibration. But I think if communicate via ddc/ci to upload lut to the monitor. It must be very feasible to do the same. So my question was, there must be a good reason nobody ever done it. I think the same apply to eizo and nec.

Mathieu

Le 04/09/2015 21:12, Alan Goldhammer a écrit :

It might help if you tell us the brand and model number of the monitor and
what type of software it must use. Personally, I'm unaware of monitors that
have such limitations (but could be wrong).

Alan