[argyllcms] Re: DTP20 Wont read 4x6 header strip

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 00:28:18 +1000

Bob Coss wrote:
> The TID for a short chart created from the software that came with the DTP20
> works fine for me on a 4x6, so I'm certain that it's capable.    I like your
> charts because there are more patches per page on a 4x6 sheet.

OK, this looks like a bug (the magenta patch at the end is missing). I
wasn't properly allowing for the different patch length between the TID
and the normal rows.

> So I can skip reading the TID in tethered mode and start reading the chart
> directly?    I didn't have a clue.  That might be a useful note to add to
> your documentation for the DTP20 if you would for other folks.

Yes. You just use it like any other strip meter. Plug it in and
run "chartread basename". It will prompt you to start reading from
strip A. Is there something I should add to
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html#DTP20> ?

> Would you like to see the target file for the first page of a 4x6 so you can
> see what a TID from ColorElite looks like?  That might help figure things
> out.

Sure, mail me a scan of the chart.