[arachne] Re: burned CD's that won't read.....

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:19:04 +0000

From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I really hate it when my computer tells me "track 0 bad, disk unusable".

> I have heard that there exist some programs to fix the "track 0 bad
> problem".

Usually this just means that the disk has been formatted, but no boot
sector has been written so it contains only F6h repeatedly. Simply
zero the sector 1 with a disk editor and it should work again - unless
the track is really bad.

BTW, I wonder how many diskettes that showed this problem have been
thrown away because people thought that they were defective. ;-)

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/