[arachne] Re: burned CD's that won't read.....

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:51:03 -0800

Hi glennmcc,
                         I can't remember when I last
finalized an optical disk.   I have no problems
reading multisession (not finalized) CD-R s
in any of my CD drives.  I can not read a
whole DVD mutisession disk in my W$98
DVD drive.   It is a function of the OS and
driver and not the drive. BUT...I CAN BURN
a perfectly good multisession DVD on that
computer in that DVD drive.  I just can't
see the whole disk.  I can only see the last
burned session on that computer in that DVD
drive.

Eric

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:46 -0500 "Glenn McCorkle"
<glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> One simple word....... FINALIZE
>
> Most older CD drives will not read CD's that have not been
> finalized.
>
> So Greg,
>
> Did you finalize the CD ?
>

> --
>  Glenn
>  http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/
>  http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/doc/msdog.html
>  http://www.glennmcc.org/
>  http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.table.html
>                   Arachne at FreeLists
> -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

Click to find information on your credit score and your credit report.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2Oy86H7W8EdfVPUnf1AUM9DeaDZdV8UAzm9j4F4DLIXobqE/