[arachne] Re: Backups (was Re: What is "cloud computing" ???

  • From: "L.D. Best" <l.d.best@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:23:31 -0500

Plug-in disk HDDs aren't something I would necessarily trust ... if you're not using it, if platters aren't turning, what's to prevent 'bleed' and consequential data corruption?

What I'm looking at is the new external flash-based HDDs ... that's for down the road, however. <G>

l.d.
====

Greg Mayman wrote:

I like the idea of plug-in hard drives, as they don't get used until you
actually connect them to do a backup or restore. Under those conditions,
they should last much longer than a permanently fitted HDD.
Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --