[arachne] Re: burned CD's that won't read.....

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:38:00 +0930

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:46 -0500, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> One simple word....... FINALIZE
> Most older CD drives will not read CD's that have not been finalized.

OTOH I was trying to read the disk with the same software package and
the same hardware that I used when I tried to record it.

> So Greg,
> Did you finalize the CD ?

Hmmm... can't remember... but I tried a CD-R disk today with Nero's test
program, using the Prepare Disk function (or some name like that) which
I guess should have prepared the disk properly for using as a test disk.
The next step was the read the disk, and it couldn't do that.

I will have to go through what I was doing when I tried to record the
other disks to see what steps I actually did make.

It's not a case of RTFM but more of WTFM (Where's the.....)

I'll definitely have to download the manuals for the software so I really
know what I'm doing. Fortunately I have a link.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E