[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:41:28 -0500

I will be away from the office this next week for my scheduled absence.
Next Sunday Hugo Saucedo, Youth Minister for WDC/SCC, will be our guest
preacher.

Also, the adult study group will begin the Old Testament survey entitled
'God's Living Covenant' on Oct 15.  These lessons are from Faith & Life
Resources published by MC USA.  We have 20 individual booklets for persons
attending the class and two teacher editions.  We will keep the student
books at the church so they will be available each Sunday until the final
session on Jan 7.  The Education Committee has proposed that members of the
study group volunteer to lead one or two of the discussions.  Please look at
the schedule and help wherever you feel comfortable.  And we have ordered 24
pew Bibles to have available for occasions like this.  I expect them to be
delivered here next week.  Please look for boxes that have been delivered to
the church from IBS Direct and Christian Book Distributors.

Daylight Savings Time will end early Sunday morning, Oct 29.  On the
Saturday night before, set your clocks backward one hour in order to be
present for the 5th Sunday Celebration prepared for us by the Women's Group.