[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:55:54 -0600

I pray you are encouraged as you invest yourselves in ministry.

      A Christian community serves to support and nurture each member as we
grow toward spiritual maturity.  Because of varying experiences and
sensitivities, there will be occasions when the behaviors of certain persons
in the group differ substantially from the behaviors that others in the
group are most comfortable displaying.  This dynamic can be the source of
distress and unrest unless we continue to focus on our individual
faithfulness to the call of God to us.  We may even begin to feel that the
behavior of another person is a direct affront to our personal witness.
This perception will then give cause to initiate judgments about who is
'right' and who is 'wrong.'  However, by constantly affirming our allegiance
to the way of Jesus, each of us will be best positioned to develop the
capacities and ministries that God has devised for us.  Our objective is to
respect the supervision of the spirit of God as our lives unfold so that we
might witness to the fullness of God's intention for the human family for
those who observe our behaviors.  We are blessed as we consistently
experience this journey together.

      We will share in our Fifty Sunday Community Celebration this next
Sunday.  The worship experience will be enhanced by a variety of musical
selections, some familiar and some interestingly new to us.