[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:33:15 -0500

I pray you are reassured in your spirit as you continue your journey of faith.

The mystery of God’s supervision of human interactions perplexes us. We do not easily recognize direct divine engagement. We console ourselves by affirming all actions which seem to promote what we believe about God’s intention for relationship, attributing these either to the indirect work of God through human enterprise or to God’s hidden intervention to move processes toward a divinely established objective without the cooperation of human agency. Sometimes we feel it is all too uncertain. The practice of ordering our lives by the wisdom inside our hearts is sometimes too difficult, too uncomfortable, too eccentric. We are caused to feel out of place, foolish, and awkward. Yet we know there is really no other option for us. Our need to live in relationship with God overpowers us. In spite of the uncertainty, we continue to have hope that the perceptions in our spirit are true and eventually this kind of life will be established. We can boast that we look forward to the glory of God being revealed. These thoughts will compose the sermon for next Sunday, 'Committing our cause to God'

We will also congratulate the persons who have graduated during the past year while we are together for worship.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,