[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:24:47 -0600

I pray the days are filled with joyful anticipation as you become more sensitive to the reign of heaven come near to us.

In our time, God is seen as a powerful tyrant or an irrelevant myth. God calls us to celebrate the center point of human history, when God came to live with us as a small one in need of parent's love, provision, and protection, a sign of unexpected power in weakness.

The scriptures we will consider this Fourth Sunday of Advent are Isaiah 7:10-16; Psalm 80:1-7, 17-19; and Matthew 1:18-25. Steve Friesen will be our preacher; his sermon-- 'Bethlehem on my mind.'

The Announcements follow below and the Worship Schedules for December 2010 and January 2011 are attached.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

_Please pass the hymnals to the aisle after worship._

* *

_ _

_Seasonal Choir Practices, all at __AMC___

Sunday, December 19 10:30a

Sunday, December 26 10:30a

*Friday, December 24 *Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, 6:30p, Austin Mennonite Church.

The Woman of the Church will not meet during the month of December.