[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 15:45:59 -0500

I pray you are finding many things to be grateful for as you journey in the company of the risen Christ Jesus.

Is God calling us to expand our spheres of influence as part of our work as co-creators? If so, how? What might this expansion look like? From a focus on our tribe and nation, Jesus calls us to become companions to unexpected new followers. We enlarge our understanding of what it means to be part of the family of faith.

The scriptures we will consider this next Sunday are John 14:23-29; Acts 16:9-15; and Revelation 21:10, 22-22:5. Thoughts from these passages will compose the sermon, 'Accepting the gift of peace.'