[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:38:56 -0500

I pray you are encouraged and content as you experience the unfolding of God's kingdom within and around you.

Where do we disbelieve? What are our doubts and fears? Are we skeptical that a new earth and a new heaven are coming? Do we dare tell God about our disbeliefs, doubts, fears, and skepticism? Do we dare trust that God can create believing hearts in us? In the fears and doubts that keep us locked up behind closed doors, Jesus comes to give us a new peace and sends us out as he has been sent.

The scriptures we will consider this next Sunday are John 20:19-31; Acts 5:27-32; and Revelation 1:4-8. Thoughts prompted by these passages will compose the sermon, 'The difference a proper companion makes.'