[amc] AMC Update

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:36:46 -0500

A prayer by Henri J. M Nouwen:

Dear God,
with you everything is possible.
Let the cup of war,
killing and destruction,
the cup of bloodshed,
human anguish and desolation,
the cup of torture,
breakage in human relationships and abandonment...
Dear God,
let this cup pass us by.
We are afraid.
We are trembling in the depths of our being.
We feel the sweat and tears
of thousands of people all over the world,
people who are afraid---
afraid to fight,
afraid to kill,
afraid of being killed,
afraid of an uncertain future.

*Prayer Items from Sunday, April 14:*

   - Dama - a friend with heart failure, Teddy Jr.
   - Aaron - relating to a student who is struggling and acting out.
   - Lisa - appreciated opportunity to reflect on conversion of Saul.
   - Dolly - attending upcoming conference where she is a candidate for a
   leadership position.
   - Craig H. - Daniel in prison since age 12 is facing possibility of
   parole.
   - Ann - celebrated success of TCDC annual yard sale.
   - Lee - family in need of assistance.  (After the service $120 was
   collected.  I delivered an $80 HEB card and $40 cash to the grateful
   couple.  Craig H. informed me of a job fair opportunity which I passed on
   to the couple who said they would attend.  Thanks everyone!)

*Upcoming:*

   -

   *Apr 18, THU, **7pm** *– Women’s Group at Marcia Miller’s, 7619 Parkview
   Circle (mmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).  Snacks appreciated.  All are welcome.

   * *

   *Apr 21, **SUN**, **12:30pm** – *meeting of the Education Committee and
   those interested in Vacation Bible School(VBS). We will be discussing the
   scheduling of the summer Sunday school classes and the organization of the
   Vacation Bible School.  As of now we are planning to have VBS one Saturday
   morning in August.  The purpose will be to serve the neighborhood families
   by providing an opportunity for them to have fun and get to know the AMC.
   Contact Ann Palmer if you have questions. (474-6607) or
   candapalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx .

   * *

   *Apr 27, **SAT** – *AMC Workday.

   *April-May: *Community-building vision and identity small groups will be
   meeting in April and May.  If you have not been contacted and would like to
   participate, get in touch with Pastor Lee.

--
*Lee Lever, Pastor*
*Austin Mennonite Church*