[amayausers] Re: thread breaks

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:36:50 +1000

Bob,
I ran flats on my Tajima 4 head all day yesterday Speed 600 to 850 SPM
depending on the design. 2 Thread breaks rayon thread.

Happy 4 head on caps all day 700-800 SPM 5 thread breaks again rayon thread.

Amaya XT 1 head same design on caps no thread breaks 850-1200 SPM except for
bobbin change stops.

At the moment there are a couple of new embroiderers on the Happy and Tajima
lists with new machines having thread break problems. Its a matter of fine
tuning tension cut length needle height and position and running the hook
in.

The auto tensioning is fine as long as the thread path is right. Moving the
presser foot up and down as far as I am concerned is a lot of Hype. You just
have to find the right height that suits you leave it at that just like any
conventional machine. I have had it on 3 clicks up for the last month

Maintenance
I may complain about maintenance on the pampered b**. But she sure is the
cleanest on the floor. I am sure my maintenance times will  improve with
practice. The 4 million stitch maintenance is just the right time to remove
the needle plate and clean under regarding pulling all the rollers and
cleaning them at 4 million stitch intervals I dont think it is a good idea.
I might do it the first couple of times to get rid of excess grease and then
conduct this part of the service at my discretion. When I was replacing
those black roller covers I did wonder if Melco had a few ex NASA employees
on their design staff LOL.

I am still not happy with the grabber arm. I think the top thread cutter
belongs behind the head out of way so that the needle can be threaded
easily.

Most of the opinions you will get here will probably be biased  in favour of
the amaya. I know you are a member of WAIS. Try joining
http://www.embroideryline.net  and see what feed back you get.

When I came to LA for the ISS show the Amaya blew me away.  I flew to
Melbourne for a second demo before I decided to buy one. I have decided to
replace my Tajima 4 head as soon as I can sell it with more Amayas, Happy or
Tajima single heads depending on which dealer  finds a buyer for my Tajima
first or offers me a trade in first.

When I asked about the Amaya on WAIS someone said Plastic Metal Plastic take
your pick. Another said uggh Melco been there done that never again. With
Amayas claims about higher cap designs. This depends on the type cap you
use. The caps I use my old happy and new Amaya both do the same depth no
more no less. The Amaya is a lot faster and smoother and quieter though.

You are an exprienced embroiderer. At the end of the day the decision is
yours and only yours to make. You will have to watch the machine working
follow your gut feeling and make up your mind.

Anand

I do not own an Amaya but have considered purchasing one. To me, a
common complaint / problem on this list regarding the Amaya seems to be
thread breaks and upper thread roller wear or servicing.

Can some Amaya owners [who also have plenty of experience with other
machines using the conventional thread tension methods] give me their
opinion of the Amaya auto - tensioning system compared to the simpler
[and apparently less trouble] manual thread tension system used on other
commercial machines.

Thanks and have a great day.

Bob