[amayausers.com] Re: thread breaks

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:04:27 UT

This message was posted by bwink on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/470.html

I"ve had a lot of thread breaks lately. To be exact over 25 in each 3"
circle-solid fill. I tried the black thread, that was causing the problem, on
other needles, changed needles, changed bobbins, worked on the tension,slowed
speed down to 700 and increased it to the max, etc. I went thru the topics on
the web page and tried everything I could. There was so much lint coming off
the thread that my white material looked like an Idaho shelf after a dust
storm. I then changed from Melco's thread to Isacord and wonder of wonders..I
haven't had a thread break since. Melco thread works fine on everything except
solid fills-for me. Melco told me that the black was the hardest to work with
since it has the most dye in it and to be gentle. My question is..how can you
be gentle with thread?
Betsy
Wink n Twink Embroidery