[amayausers.com] Re: thread breaks

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:47:07 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/352.html#000011

Daniel,
(Tech Speaking)
Remember that thread breaks are not the source of your problem, only the
symptom.  There are over 30 things that can cause thread breaks or thread frays
and each area is equally important.  It's also possible for you to have
multiple problems at the same time so when you correct one, the other is still
present and the symptom stays the same.  Yes, very frustrating I know.
I am curious as to what your tech found, If anything.  It's possible that if
the problems went away when he/she was there, then the problem stems from the
operator.
When a tech is dispatched for a service call, we are not paid to give the
customer hours of training in addition to fixing the machine.  Although, very
often, I find myself giving the customer free information that I cannot bill
Melco for, simply to demonstrate that more training is necessary on their part.
 Melco does allow us to answer some questions and we are supposed to explain to
the customer all that was done to the machine.  But remember that initial
training can easily last 3-5 days and that is only considered basic training.
There is so much more information that is necessary from you for a tech to
attempt to solve your thread break issue over the phone/Internet and even then
it may be deemed not possible for what ever the reason. (ex. if your machine
was out of time)
Your tech should be willing to return to your location to verify the machine is
running as it should but also know that if the machine runs okay for the tech,
it's only fair that the customer pay for that tech's travel expense for the
return trip.
You should be able to run the Ampass design on one layer of broad cloth and two
layers of cut a way backing using Organ brand needles size 75-11 ball point at
around 1000 to 1200 spm set on Auto Thread feed.  It's not expected to have
zero thread breaks but if you have a reoccuring problem, or if problem patterns
show themselves, it should be addressed.
You should be able to set needle position, bobbin tension, presser foot height,
hoop arm position, garment hooping, and machine lubrication (etc..) correctly.
If you ever begin to experience thread breaks that seem to get out of control,
be prepared to revert back to this recipe to see what's out of spec.
I've always found that troubleshooting tricky thread break problems would make
a great "advanced training class".
Enough of my yapping, if you are still awake tonight, I happen be available to
discuss your thread break troubles before heading off to bed.  Feel free to
call.
504-258-6260
Best of Luck to you,
Ed Orantes