[amayausers] Re: Used Amaya on Ebay

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 01:15:22 -0500

Bob,
        With all that is involved in this industry, there's no way Melco or any
other "Mother Company" can control the aspects of anything "used" in the
field.  The major reason for the depreciation factor on an embroidery
machine is the fact that this is a specialized industry.  Same applies if
you are selling used commercial screen printing, laser etching, engraving
equipment and the like...  Fact of the matter is there aren't going to be as
many folks looking to buy as compared to, say, a used car.  It's simple
"Supply and Demand" theory.
        Like every "for profit" business in existence, Melco is in the game to
make
money.  And having owned four Amayas myself, I'd really be nervous if they
didn't make a profit and stay in business to support me with my business
investment.
        Another thing to consider is the salaries of the folks who stand by the
phones to offer the support obviously needed in such a complex industry.  If
other companies are giving there support away for free, I'm sure you paid,
or will pay, for it somewhere up or down the line.  If not, I wouldn't
expect them to stay in business for very long.
        Last time I heard, I think the fee is somewhere around $650.  Like I
said
before, I believe it's for phone support.
        Lest we not forget, Melco also sell "used" machines when available.  If
you
buy from Melco, this license fee we're discussing is a moot point.

Ed Orantes