[amayausers] Re: Used Amaya on Ebay

  • From: "Alan & Margaret Jannuzzi" <wishesinstitches@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:07:15 -0700

According to the License Agreement For Melco Software page, "it is also
the responsibility of the User to disclose to a potential buyer of the
Product that transfer of the Product requires the prior written
permission of Melco and that a re-licensing fee is charged by Melco for
transfer of the license to another party."  This seems to be referring
to software but you can't run the equipment without software. I bring
this up because a member of this list purchased a business but was not
told this information.  She doesn't feel she should pay this fee and
Melco will not service her. She is angry at Melco but should be upset
with the people she bought her equipment from.  Many people just assume
that they get the same service as the original buyer without any extra
fee.  They don't.  I would be very careful about buying second hand
equipment without seeing it and talking to the manufacturer to find out
all the ramifications.
Margaret

Alan and Margaret Jannuzzi
Wishes in Stitches Embroidery