[amayausers] Re: Used Amaya on Ebay

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:10:20 -0400

Ed and Steve all good points. Price is way off, Ed is probably in the
ballpark.
Personally, IF this machine was in my neighborhood (within a day's
drive)....
I would probably grab it for $3500-4500 but ONLY if:
1) it had certified maintainence work (melco area tech had been
working on it or checking for warranty)
2) was up to date with service, had been on Melco warranty program
(so that it got yearly checkups)
3) paperwork was legit-no liens on it
4) if it HAS been maintained, then the area service tech shouldn't
have any problem telling you (me) if it ever did have major problems
or 'needed' major service work. We all know what a needle assembly runs!
5) last but not least-if I could still 'buy' a yearly service/
warranty contract on it. Without that-its a 'parts'  machine...would
cost more to maintain it without a warranty on it.
If I could get a warranty through Melco then I'd probably snag it...

So lets see if anyone can find out what the auction really is!
I'm also curious...what model Amaya had the black hood instead of red?

Roland