[amayausers] Re: Used Amaya on Ebay

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:06:29 -0400

I see the 'buy it now' is $8000......our Amaya is about the same
age...and I passed last fall on getting 2 of the demo units from New
Jersey training center...totally overhauled, inspected, all parts
replaced that could get replaced, warranty, and extended warranty
available...for just about that same amount.
Actual value of the machines now this age would be $5000 or
LESS....and I wouldn't touch them unless you either ARE a Melco
trained service tech, or can GET Melco to sell you an extended
warranty on a used machine sold by 3rd party...
without that warranty-you could easily get soaked for $1000+ for the
first repair job!
Other used amaya's have been listed with serial numbers, total stitch
count or hours used, general condition, etc.
I would also check to make sure the machine doesn't have a LIEN on
it...if it was bought on a lease, it belongs to the Lease company
until they get paid off...
hope someone doesn't get burned on this!
Roland