[amayausers] Re: Training

  • From: gzenowich@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:57:57 -0400

Connie:

I found out that you have to heat the end of the oil dispenser to
clear the wax out of it (yep, didn't know that) and that I should do the
rotary hook maintenance every morning instead of just when the maintenance
screen pops up. I also learned about the secret code below the black cover
(which I've never had to use yet, knock wood).

OKAY!!! I didn't know any of that!  That stupid oiler has been driving me
nuts! (I popped the whole lid off.)  I have oiled between the maintenance
pop up because my machine sounded like it needed it. It did and the sound
was relieved but I felt guilty for doing it more often than you're supposed
to.   WHAT's the secret code and why would anyone need to use it?

THANK YOU for sharing all those small but very important points.

Genie Z

                       Captain Gold

                       <captaingold@wyvernprod        To:
amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                       uctions.com>                   cc:

                       Sent by:                       Subject:  [amayausers]
Re: Training
                       amayausers-bounce@freel

                       ists.org

                       08/13/2004 02:33 PM

                       Please respond to

                       amayausers

I took the training about three months after I had my machine (it took me
three weeks to have the courage to turn it on for the first time).

It's the same problem I have with sewing. I'm fine once the fabric is cut,
but I'm afraid I'll make a mistake so it takes a while to actually cut the
fabric. Once the machine was on and I saw how intuitive it was to use
(coming from a very strong computer & engineering background), I was
embroidering everything I could get my hands on!

By the time I went to the first training, I had already digitized my first
two company logos from scratch and had a very comfortable relationship with

my machine. Training reassured me that I was doing things the right way
(and corrected some of the things that I wasn't), that Amaya's were
supposed to make those funny noises, and that I needed to go in and make
some basic changes to a lot of the factory settings to tweak production
quality. I found out that you have to heat the end of the oil dispenser to
clear the wax out of it (yep, didn't know that) and that I should do the
rotary hook maintenance every morning instead of just when the maintenance
screen pops up. I also learned about the secret code below the black cover
(which I've never had to use yet, knock wood). And on a completely
unrelated note, I learned that a couple of my classmates had a serious
problem with listening to instructions (which put a machine out of
commission on day one).

I still refer to my notes when trying new techniques, although I'm finding
that a lot has become second nature. I went back later for the last two
days of training, which made me even more comfortable with Design Shop
software. After that, there was no stopping me.

I still get nervous when I try something new - like a horse blanket the
very first time or some of the really detailed designs that I've
experimented with, or even trying to line up left chest designs with right
chest names - but I ask advice and then jump in with both feet. I also have

a strong respect for the machine.

Connie

BTW - whoever said "painting in thread" better not steal my catch phrase!
;-)

Connie Bechtel
Wyvern Productions
Painting masterpieces in thread.